How We Reach Out to Our Community
The Outreach Ministry at All Saints aims to serve Christ in all Riverside residents, especially where there is suffering, unfairness, or a lack of respect.
Path of Life is supported locally by this parish (see below). Through the outreach ministry All Saints members also:
- participate in Riverside’s Love Your Neighbor program on homelessness
- participate in the annual Walk to End Homelessness
- learn about and worship with other Christian and non-Christian faith communities
- advocate for best practices by Riverside police
- build bridges with the Riverside Afro-American community
- respond to the needs of refugees
- are beginning a relationship with RCC, our-across-the-street neighbors
- advocate for the reduction of gun violence
- work with elected and appointed city and county officials, and with peace builders of all kinds.
An important partner in this work is the Downtown/Magnolia/Brockton pastors’ group.
A weekly calendar of upcoming events and opportunities is published on this website and in Sunday's weekly bulletins, to allow parishioners to participate in this ministry through awareness of where they might be called to support God’s children next.
Path of Life
Life Ministries operates the family emergency homeless shelter, the men's and women's emergency homeless shelter, and the cold-weather shelter. Path of Life also has a rapid rehousing program, permanent supportive housing, and many ancillary services to help people who are getting back on their feet. All Saints helps Path of Life in its work in several ways:
We provide dinner on two nights each month at the family emergency homeless shelter. For information, please contact Christina Miller ( ), or Jane Carney ( ). We provide Christmas gifts to families being assisted by Path of Life (see The Giving Tree, under Advent activities). To participate, see Paul Johnson ( ) or Jim Boyer ( ).
From time to time we contribute clothing, furniture, and household goods to persons moving into permanent housing. To contribute household furniture or furnishings, please contact Lori LaCasse at Path of Life ( ). To contribute clothing, please see Jane Carney ( ). When Path of Life cannot take any additional clothing donations, the clothing is given to the Community Settlement House, Arlanza Elementary School, or Goodwill.
There are many types of volunteer opportunities available through Path of Life Ministries. More information is available on their website: thepathoflife.com.